Sinchula Winter Trek 10 days
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO, PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU
DAY 04: THIMPHU – SINCHULA (4-5 hrs trek)
DAY 05: SINCHULA – DUPSINGPANG (5-6 hrs trek)
DAY 06: DUPSHINGPANG – CHORTEN NEBU (7-8 hrs trek)
DAY 07: CHORTEN NINGPO – PUNAKHA
DAY 08: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 09: PARO
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
This pleasant short low altitude trek route follows the traditional trail used by people moving between Thimphu & Punakha when there were no motor roads. The trail passes through a beautiful landscape of blue pine, rhododendron and oak forests, sun drenched terraced rice fields and beneath snow capped mountains. Visit remote villages, monasteries, temples and other sacred monuments along the trekking route. It is particularly recommended during the winter season. Other highlights of this tour include the historical sites and diverse landscapes of Bhutan’s western valleys.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SINCHULA WINTER TREK
Trace the traditional trail used by people moving between Thimphu & Punakha through stunning landscapes. Visit remote villages, monasteries, temples and other sacred monuments along the trekking route as well as throughout the western valleys of Punakha, Thimphu and Paro.
- Trek through blue pine, rhododendron and oak forests, and terraced rice fields.
- Pass below stunning vistas of snow-capped mountains.
- Explore Punakha, the ancient capital of Bhutan.
- Traverse trails used by people travelling between Thimphu and Punakha before roads were built.
- Discover Bhutan’s western valleys rich with some of the Himalayas most sacred Buddhist sites.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Airfare into Bhutan including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.